We are looking for an Indigenous person to join our Creative Fellowship!
The Sogorea Te’ Land Trust is offering an opportunity to Indigenous creators for hands-on experience with our media team. Fellows will learn about practices of Rematriation, cultural revitalization, and radical professional environments. STLT Indigenous Fellows will learn about decolonial non profit administration, gain experience with media management, explore career opportunities with Native led projects, and participate in the inner workings of Rematriation! Mentees will have the opportunity to work on a project of their choosing, in service of Sogorea Te’s Media Department.
This is a 3 -month paid fellowship with Sogorea Te’ in the village of Huichin (Oakland, CA). This fellowship is established in a hybrid format, with both remote and in person tasks, but needs & covid-19 protocols can be met on a case by case basis. All fellows are selected through an application and review process. Selected fellows will be awarded $1500 for their participation.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2022
- Support with general creative team support
- Complete an independent creative research project
- Support ongoing research projects
- Support artifact and land rematriation research
- Support with archive work
- Create images, graphics, texts for media projects, posts, print materials
- Generate writing and text
- Support with outreach and distribution of print materials
- Support with mailings
- Administrative and office support
- Other tasks as needed
Fellows are expected to work 10-12 hours a week. Fellows will work one on one with STLT’s Office Administrator and Media Coordinators to establish specific work schedules and in person/ virtual on site details and agreements.
- Self identified Indigenous/Native American
- Bay Area Resident
- Proficient Writing/Reading/Research/Note-taking
- Working knowledge of Google suites and Microsoft word
- We are especially excited to work with fellows that have working knowledge of creative platforms such as Adobe creative cloud, imovie, canva, experience in media making and production, graphics, film, audio, art, and political organizing.
To apply, please fill out the form below and send with your resume, website or social media link and a brief intro to yourself and why you are interested in this opportunity along with this application to email@example.com.